1. 10 kg of wheat priced at Rs. 8 mixed with 15 kg of wheat priced at Rs. 10. What is average price of the whole mixture?
(a) 9.5 kg (b) 9.2 kg
(c) 6.5 kg (d) 8.5 kg
2. 40 litres of a mixture of milk and water contains 10 % of water, the water to be added , to make
the water content 20 % in the new mixture. Find how many litres water will be added ?
(a) 6 litre (b) 6.5 litre
(c) 5.5 litre (d) 5 litre
3. There are 81 litres pure milk in a container. One-third of milk is replaced by water in the container. Again one-third of mixture is extracted and equal amount of water is added. What is the ratio of milk to water in the new mixture?
(a) 1:2 (b) 1:1
(c) 2:1 (d) 4:5
4. Vessels A and B contain mixture of milk and water in the ratios 4:5 and 5:1 respectively. In what
ratio should quantities of mixture be taken from A and B to form a mixture in which milk to water is in the ratio 5 : 4 ?
(a) 2:5 (b) 4:3
(c) 5:2 (d) 2:3
5. In what ratio must a mixture of 30 % alcohol strength be mixed with that 50 % alcohol strength
so as to get a mixture of 45 % alcohol strength.
(a) 1:2 (b) 1:3
(c) 2:1 (d) 3:1
6. Two vessels A and B contains Acid and water mixed in the ratio 2:3 and 4:3 . in what ratio
must these mixture be mixed to form a new mixture containing half acid and half water?
(a) 5:7 (b) 1:2
(c) 2:1 (d)7:5
7. A can contains a mixture of two liquids A and B in the ratio 7:5. When 9 litres of mixture are drained off and the can is filled with B, the ratio of A and B becomes 7:9 .How many litres of liquid A was contained by the can initially ?
8. A gold smith has two qualities of gold, one of 12 carats and another of 16 carats purity. In what proportion should he mix both to make an ornament of 15 carats purity ?
(a) 1:3 (b) 2:3
(c) 3:2 (d) 3:1
9. A can is full of a mixture of two liquids A and B in the ratio of 7:5. When 9 litre if mixture are drawn off from the can and replaced by the same quantity of liquid B, the ratio of A and B in the can becomes 7: 9. The Capacity of the can is:
(a)21 litres (b) 20 liters
(c) 10 litres (d) 36 litres
10. Two blends of a commodity costing Rs. 35 and Rs. 40 per kg respectively are mixed in the ratio 2 : 3 by weight. If one– Fifth of the mixture is sold at Rs. 46 per kg and the remaining at the rate Rs. 55 per kg , the profit percent is:
(a) 50 (b) 20
(c) 40 (d) 30
11. Two types of tea costing Rs. 180 per kg and Rs. 280 per kg. In what ratio should these be mixed so that obtained mixture sold at Rs. 320 per kg to earn a profit of 20 % is:
(a) 3 : 13 (b) 4 : 13
(c) 1: 13 (d) 2 : 13
12. A vessels contains 60 litre of milk. 12 litre of milk taken out form it and replaced with water. Then again from mixture, 12 litres is taken out and replaced with water. The ratio of milk and water in the resultant mixture is :
(a) 16 : 9 (b) 15 : 10
(c) 16 : 10 (d) 9 : 5
13. In what proportion must a grocer mix sugar at Rs. 12 a kg and Rs. 7 a kg sugar as to make a mixture worth Rs. 8 a kg ?
(a) 7 : 12 (b) 1 : 4
(c) 2 : 3 (d) 9 : 5
14. In a mixture of 25 litres, the ratio of acid to water is 4:1. another 3 litres of water is added to the mixture. The ratio of acid to water in the new mixture is:
(a) 5 : 2 (b) 2 : 5
(c) 3 : 5 (d) 5 : 3
15. Two containers have acid and water mixed in the ratio 3 : 1 and 5 : 3 respectively. To get a new mixture with ratio of acid to water as 2 : 1 .The two types of mixture have to be mixed in the ratio ?
(a) 1 : 2 (b) 2 : 1
(c) 2 : 3 (d) 3 : 2
16. The acid and water in two vessels A and B are in the ratio 4 : 3 and 2 : 3. In what ratio should the liquid in both the vessels be mixed to obtain a new mixture in vessel C containing half acid and half water?
(a) 7 : 5 (b) 5 : 7
(c) 7 : 3 (d) 5 : 3